Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weekend Food Craft: Jello 1-2-3!!

So, I am probably dating myself a bit here, but when I was a kid every now and then my mom would get us some Jello 1-2-3 dessert and we'd feel really special because we got to help make it, and you had to use the blender (fancy, I know!). I was really sad when it got discontinued, and for whatever reason the other day I thought of it and decided to go to the trusty interweb and see if anyone knew how to make a DIY version of this tasty treat (which originally only came in Strawberry and Orange flavors).

My heart nearly skipped a beat when I saw a recipe for my beloved Jello 1-2-3, and decided to give it a try, with nontraditional Peach flavored Jello. Here are the results, and a recipe in case you want to try it yourself:


Jello 1-2-3

3/4 cups boiling water
1 package Jello-the 4 serving size (any flavor)
1/2 cup cold water
ice cubes (to make the cold water raise to 1.25 cups
1/2 cup Cool Whip non-dairy dessert topping

Whip it all together in a blender, pour into serving containers and stick it in the fridge to set. The layers will form as it is setting up in the refrigerator. :)

*I apologize for the bad photo, my kitchen doesn't get any natural light, but if you look closely you can see the three separate layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment