Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Favorite Fall Recipes

I love Fall, even in Portland where Fall means lots of rain. I think it's because I love to bake, not to mention sip yummy hot drinks while watching movies all snuggled up on the couch. It also might be because October is my birthday month (yes, I celebrate all month). If you agree, here are some of my favorite Fall recipes (they are good all year long, but once the rain starts I just can't stop making this stuff!).


Yeast Dinner Rolls. Great for big get together meals, I love making my house smell like fresh baked bread.



Hot Chocolate. This is the most chocolatey smooth hot chocolate ever!



Mac n' Cheese. Ooey gooey delicious cheese and pasta. I love this on it's own or served on the side of just about anything.



Chai Latte Concentrate. Super yummy and making it at home lets you control the spices and flavorings.



Mocha Roasted Almonds. These make the house smell great and are an easy snack to make.



The Ridiculous Grilled Cheese. I like about any grilled cheese, but this one is my favorite.


What are your favorite Fall recipes? I'd love to check them out!

4 comments:

  1. Every fall, I go crazy just like everyone else and I want pumpkin in everything. But I always seem to make this recipe for Pumpkin Cornbread (http://sweetpeaskitchen.com/2010/10/pumpkin-cornbread/) every Fall. It's especially delicious with a bit of honey butter.

    Fall is also the start of soup / stew season for me. I seem to make a pot of the stuff every few weeks and freeze the leftovers for lunches throughout the month. I usually end up making a pot each of Brunswick Stew, Beef Stew, and Chili. I've been particularly craving this Sweet Potato Chili (http://cookieandkate.com/2011/sweet-potato-chili-recipe/). It's so good, I don't even miss the meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! Matt has recently started putting lentils in chili (sometimes with meat, sometimes instead of meat) it's really good! I don't miss the meat either, I'll have to try out that sweet potato chili recipe :)

      Delete
  2. I also celebrate my birthday the whole month =)
    I love October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birthday month celebration is the greatest. Everyone should do it :)

      Delete